LOL I'm pretty sure I said it would be "Skinny Shannon" who is trapped inside ...didn't I? yeah, right!
So day one down...and I have one thing to say.... Oh. My. Dear. Lord!!! haha!
A quick "run down" of my first *full* day of the Finding Skinny Me journey:
Get up and get the boys up, fed, cleaned, dressed & out the door to school. Back home and change for workout #1 of the day.
Workout #1 consisted of popping in the Biggest Loser Challenge 'game' into the Wii and allow Bob Harper to bring me to the brink of death. I'm serious y'all. I think he tried to kill me this morning. I mean, I was given the choice of working out with either Bob, Jillian or *both*. I chose both thinking (crazy idea this) that Bob was the "kinder, gentler one"..and maybe having him for part of the workout time would at least not be quite as intense...okay, wrong!! So 30 minutes (yeah you say 30 minutes isn't *that* long....whatever! it's like 30 YEARS when Bob is killing you..I swear it! hehe) later, I'm done with workout #1 and I jump in the shower.
Ahhh nice & clean and cooled down, I have breakfast (I sort of "winging it" on the diet side of things...portion control/calorie counting along with simply removing the "bad" food habits and choices and replacing them with better or "good" ones) and sit to chat with Mom for a bit.
Grab a couple loads of laundry and get those started and done along the way...clean up the kitchen. hey...it's time for workout #2!
Workout #2..oh this is going to be the "fun" one! I'm working out with the Wii "game" Just Dance 2! Okay...so smartie pants me decides that the "light workout" isn't enough (using one song a day)...I gotta move up to the "tough workout" and do 3 songs a day. Fun stuff! I start with a little Kesha ("Tik Tok") ...okay we're jammin' now... move on with a little aggressive "I Don't Like Your Girlfriend" with Avril. Okay heart rate is up....UP! so now maybe I should go with something a little "cool down-ish" for song #3 right? so what did I choose? Oh.... that's right ..."Proud Mary" with good old Tina Turner! yeah well it STARTS OUT somewhat mellow.... guess I forgot how it goes from there and ends! LOL whew! my arms got the worst of that....they are currently pretty much noodle arms that hurt like...well, I'm tryin not to use those words anymore so we'll leave it at that :D
Moving on....shower again (yeah I'll be the cleanest SKINNY SHANNON around too! hehe)... have lunch and check in on things online. More light cleaning (I reallllly wanted to vacuum, I swear I did..but my arms, OMG!!) and it's time to go pick the boys up from school and run a couple of errands.
Back from getting the boys & errands...time to finish cleaning and well, still no use trying to vacuum lol Get dinner started, finished, served and eaten. Send the boys off to "free time" and off I go to my 3rd and final workout of the day.
Workout #3 ..the treadmill :) I got my 80s tunes cranked up..my nice new water bottle filled (thanks hubby for my awesome new Nalgene bottle!!) ..workout duds on again and I hop up on the treadmill. I set it to let me walk at a good pace for me (not too fast, not too slow...at 3.0 mph) and off I go. I also decided to set it to have me walk for 30 minutes and if I felt like continuing I would. Well, last lesson of the day.....KNOW your treadmill people! Hubby usually does all the settings and I havent bothered to get to know them myself. BIG mistake. I was thinking it was just simple..punch in your time you wanna walk..your speed...your incline and go, right? Noooo...one needs to first make sure you are doing all that "punching in" while in "manual setting" mode. I was getting my rhythm going with Wham! (Wake Me Up Before You Go Go... LOL) and I heard a series of beeps come from the treadmill...I look down and didnt see anything amiss so I keep trucking....next thing I know I'm having to run ....UPHILL apparently by the way....to avoid being slung into the closet and/or Buck (Max's huge deer head on the wall) behind me! yeah, so it seems Shannon used the programmed settings that will help "work you out"...by raising the speed & incline randomly throughout your chosen time limit (in my case the 30 minute one). Oh joy!
So that, in a nutshell, was day one of my journey :D I promise not to be quite so verbose from here on out but I thought I just had to share details today at least..hehe
Basically, I'm sure Bob, Jillian or the girls on Just Dance have a desire to see me dead...or at the very least, totally humiliated (no seriously, you should see me doing this stuff....especially the Just Dance....oh wait, no actually you should NOT see it ... lol) but all in all I feel very productive already and I'm looking forward to more torture tomorrow :)
Until then....
Hugs & Luv,
Shan
So I am reading about how many things could have made you give in today to try again tomorrow and it seems that you didn't let anything get you down. You just went right on through it. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynn! Girl, I did truly think "what the heck was I thinking??!!" several times today and for a brief moment during Bob's torture I did think "I can't do this" ...but nope, I am bound & determined to see this through :)
ReplyDeleteI think Skinny Shan and Trim Tanya need to start plotting the beating and subsequent maiming of Bob and Jillian...
ReplyDelete